Computer-Aided Three-dimensional Interactive Application
CATIA delivers the unique ability not only to model any product, but to do so in the context of its real-life behavior: design in the age of experience. Systems architects, engineers, designers, construction professionals and all contributors can define, imagine and shape the connected world.
CATIA, powered by Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE platform,
- A Social design environment built on a single source of truth and accessed through powerful 3D dashboards that drive business intelligence, real-time concurrent design and collaboration across all stakeholders including mobile workers.
- An Instinctive 3DEXPERIENCE, for both experienced and occasional users with world-class 3D modeling and simulation capabilities that optimize the effectiveness of every user.
- An Inclusive product development platform that is easily integrated with existing processes & tools. This enables multiple disciplines to leverage powerful and integrated specialist applications across all phases of the product development process.
- The Boeing Companyused CATIA V3 to develop its 777 airliner and used CATIA V5 for the 787 series aircraft
- The development of the Indian Light Combat Aircraft has used CATIA V5.
- Chinese Xian JH-7A was the first aircraft developed by CATIA V5
- European aerospace Airbusis also using CATIA.
- Canadian aircraft maker Bombardier Aerospacehas done all of its aircraft design on CATIA V5.
- BAE Systemsuses CATIA.
- The Brazilian aircraft company Embraer uses CATIA V4 and V5 to build all airplanes.
- FNSS is using CATIA V5 and V6.
- Vought Aircraft Industries uses CATIA V4 and V5 to produce its parts.
- The Anglo/Italian Helicopter company AgustaWestland uses CATIA V4 and V5
- All subsidiaries of the French company Safran use CATIA for a full range of aerospace, defence and security products.
- The Eurofighter Typhoon has been designed using both CATIA V4 and V5.
- The main supplier of helicopters to the U.S Military forces, Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., uses CATIA as well.
- P3 Voith is using CATIA V6 electrical.
- Bell Helicopter, the creator of the Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey, has used CATIA V4, V5 and V6.
- Of course, Dassault Aviation is also using CATIA and they are currently working on CATIA V6.
- Many automotive companies use CATIA to varying degrees, including BMW, Porsche, McLarenAutomotive, Chrysler, Honda, Audi, Jaguar Land Rover, Volkswagen, SEAT, Škoda, Bentley Motors Limited, Volvo, Fiat, Benteler International, PSA Peugeot Citroën, Renault,Toyota, Ford, Scania, Hyundai, Tesla Motors, Rolls-Royce Motors, Valmet Automotive, Proton, Elba, Tata motors and Mahindra & Mahindra Limited.
- Goodyear uses it in making tires.
- Bombardier Transportation of Canada is using this software to design its entire fleet of Train engines and coaches
- GD Electric Boat used CATIA to design the latest fast attack submarine class for the United States Navy, the Virginia class.
- Newport News Shipbuilding also used CATIA to design the Gerald R. Ford class of super carriers for the US Navy
ENERGY, PROCESS AND UTILITIES
- Suzlon uses CATIA to manufacture turbine blades
- Gamesa uses CATIA to design and manufacture wind turbines.
CONSUMER PACKAGED GOODS (CPG) AND RETAIL
Procter & Gamble (P&G) is using CATIA to optimize its packagings.
Gehry Technologies, Graphisoft's ARCHICAD